My Weight Loss Journey with Start Fresh: Introduction

Start Fresh - Week 1

I think most of you can relate to weight loss and all of its related struggles. Personally, this has been a big struggle for me for pretty much as long as I can remember. I am not among the few lucky people who can eat what I want and not see said calories in my clothes, or around my waist. It’s been a struggle for forever, but it’s been that much tougher since I started this blog.

You might remember that I lost some weight in the summer and that I was really proud of that accomplishment. You see, I fought tooth and nail for every bit of that weight loss. I wasn’t done then. I have more weight to lose. And hard as I tried, motivated as I have been, I haven’t been successful enough. It’s been a huge struggle just to maintain that weight loss.

And now it’s post chanukah, and I am sure many of you can relate to my desperation. We all know the famous quote by Albert Einstein: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results.” Well my dieting plan for the last couple of years has been the definition of insanity. It hasn’t worked, and with my life taking the direction that it has, it probably won’t. I needed something different.

I need a Fresh Start.

Enter Fresh Start and Kosher Diet Plans.Com. The diet is all about eating what you love, and doing around your busy lifestyle. It’s about portion control, and taking control of your eating. It’s got a structure that I’ve been lacking, but at the same time, it allows me to have a great degree of flexibility around my busy schedule, my Shabbat and holiday schedule, and any other things going on in my life. It’s easy to sign up for the program, and it’s easy to customize the program for my needs.

So I will be going on a weight loss journey with Start Fresh, and sharing my experiences here. My weight loss. (Hopefully not my weight gains!) What I struggled with. What I found helpful. Food I am eating. Food I am not eating. It’s going to be real, and I hope you’ll join me. I’ll be sharing an update post every sunday, so make sure to stop by for my progress – and to cheer me on! It’s going to be a real and honest discussion about weight loss and dieting. Hopefully, there will be encouragement for you too!

If you’re also starting a post chanukah diet, I’d love to hear from you! Comment below and we can support each other! If you’d like to get the benefits of Start Fresh, click here to sign up, and make sure to tell me about it in the comments, so we can share ideas and tips!

Don’t worry, the blog will continue as it always has. New recipes will be shared, some healthy, some not so healthy. Because life goes on, and Start Fresh understands that.

I’m nervous and excited about this new weight loss journey. I really hope that the structure of Start Fresh and the support of all of you, my wonderful readers, will turn this into a successful journey for me!

Thanks, as always, for stopping by and taking the time to read this. And please comment below if you’re joining me on a diet – I know so many of us are in this together! -Miriam

Disclosure: I am being compensated by StartFresh as their “Diet ambassador” for my time and efforts. All opinions will be completely mine, and completely honest!

Comments

1. Chaya says

Hatzlochoh! Looking forward to reading about your success! Don’t forget to incorporate more physical activity into your routine as well. You can do anything you set your mind to!

2. Ester says

Just started my diet again since my baby……..hope to get inspiration from you to keep me on the right track! Lots of luck to you too!

3. says

miriam, yey! I’m so happy for you. I wish you lots of hatzlacha on this new program.

i love the new design on your blog, and now i can finally comment without a WP account.

i’m also working on some lifestyle changes, will share on my blog eventually.

4. says

Hi Miriam! First off, good luck! I know this is super hard and you are really brave to bring it to your blog as well. If you don’t already know, I have a blog that has lots of great tips on weight loss including healthy meals and snacks and I hope it helps you. I can’t imagine how hard it is with all your yummy recipes NOT to gain weight. I am still on my journey but I have to say it feels great to be healthy. You have more energy and overall you just feel good. It is worth every bit of hardship it takes to get there. Again, good luck and I am really excited for you to begin!! Rena

5. says

Good luck Miriam, it is going to be great. I am wondering how it is going to affect all the amazing cookies and dessert you make and post. I am huge believer in moderation as a Dietitian, but I know it is hard when you are at the early stages of a diet change like this. Anyways, I am sure you will find your way.

6. says

As a fellow female who manages to manifest every single calorie that passes her lips, I commiserate. I’ve managed to lose and keep off a considerable amount of weight over the last ten years, and I’ve managed to pinpoint what works (to some extent).

I, too, am on a post-Chanukah (technically still post-yontif) “diet” of sorts. Let us hold each other up!

7. Rachel says

This is great good news, I’m also on a food program and I make most of your healthy recipes, I’m looking foward to more of them, don’t worry I also made the hot gooey carmel pie for chanukah, and I save all of your recipies printed in the ami, I’ll probably make those sweet fried wontons for purim ! Good luck ! I’ll be cheering for U!

8. says

Good luck! The first week of a new “diet” or life style change is always the most difficult! Once you get past that the rest is a cake walk (no pun intended ;) ) I leave for Israel on Sunday and I think once I get back I will begin my “post-Hanukkah” diet! Better late then never!