These coffee crinkle cookies have no butter or margarine, but they do have an incredible texture and they’re packed with flavor!
Have we discussed recently just how much I adore coffee? Seriously, I like to say that it’s coffee running through my veins – not blood. And while part of what I love about my beloved coffee is the caffeine, the buzz, the liquid energy, I also love the flavor.
No, I really do. So much so, in fact, that I’ve even had decaf coffee a couple of times in my life. I know, crazy, right? But what can I say, coffee is just so awesome.
So. Naturally, for a flavor this good, this beloved, I needed to come up with a rocking cookie…because, cookie.
And boy did I come up with a winner here! These cookies are full of flavor, they’ve got the most amazingly soft and chewy texture, and best of all…no butter or margarine! Sounds too good to be true? It almost is, but I’ve done it. Oil based cookies that will rock your world.
I understand if you’re a little skeptical. Go ahead and try them. I’ll wait here for you to thank me later.
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee (powder) dissolved in
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 ⅔ cups flour
- ¾ cup conf sugar for rolling
- optional granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the oil, brown and granulated sugar for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla extract, coffee, and baking soda. Beat to combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well until creamy and smooth after each addition.
- Add the flour and beat until just combined. If the dough is too loose to scoop at this point, refrigerate it for an hour or two before continuing.
- Scoop the dough using a medium cookie scoop, then drop it into the granulated sugar. Roll to coat evenly. Next, roll the ball of dough in the powdered sugar and roll until evenly and fully coated. Place on the tray and repeat until all dough has been used. Leave plenty of room for cookies to spread.
- Bake cookies at 350 for 9-10 minutes, until the tops are set.
- If you don’t want to roll the cookies in the granulated sugar, they will be fine, but the powdered sugar won’t show up much.
Looking for more cookies without butter or margarine? Click here for nine of them!
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by – and please try these cookies! And come back soon, as always, for more delicious food! -Miriam PS: have you liked my page on Facebook yet? I’ve been sharing great pictures and interesting info there!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.