**Update: see below.**
Firstly, I want to thank every one of you. All of the many thousands and thousands of people who came to read my cookbook announcement. The hundreds of you who left amazing comments. The thousands of you who “liked,” “shared” and commented on my news. It’s so heart-warming to see this amazing outpouring of support that you’ve all been showing me. I’m so excited with your excitement because I’m putting my heart and soul (and every waking minute) into this book.
I mentioned this in my cookbook announcement, and got a ton of inquiries from people who want to sign up as testers. So finally, here’s the deal. I’m looking for a bunch of people to test the recipes that will be in my cookbook. Nobody will be testing more than a few recipes, so I’ll need a bunch of people.
Here are some important things to know:
1. The recipes you’ll be testing are fully tested and perfected by me – so you will be left with a delicious treat at the end of the process.
2. Obviously, I don’t want my recipes to be made public before the cookbook comes out, so you won’t be able to share the recipes – with anyone – no matter how hard they beg!
3. You do not need to be a “professional” or even “expert” to be one of my recipe testers! Just the opposite – I’m looking for “regular” people so I can make sure the recipes are clear for anyone!
4. I’m sure plenty of you enjoy innovating and trying new things – but it’s important to remember that to be a recipe tester, you have to be able to follow the recipes to a t. No changes or substitutions are allowed!
5. Testers will have to fill out an evaluation form after trying the recipe – and you’ll need to do it in a timely manner.
6. This is not a paid position. Your compensation will be the delicious treats you’ll be making from the recipes I give you to try!
7. If you have dietary restrictions such as gluten free, sugar free, etc, you can still apply to test the recipes that fit the bill. Make sure to be very specific in your application.
8. If you missed this in my cookbook announcement post, this is a desserts and baked goods cookbook only, so if you are only interested in real food, this isn’t a good opportunity for you.
Sounds good to you? There are a limited number of slots available, so apply today to be a recipe tester!
Update: Thank you all for applying! I got close to 500 applicants so far, and I don’t know how I’ll choose the few people that I’ll need. I’m closing the form now, but stay tuned for more news and updates about my cookbook.
Thanks for stopping by, thanks for supporting my project, and thanks to everyone who signs up! Come back soon – I’ve got an easy and delicious new recipe for you! -Miriam