A breakfast take on a favorite summer treat: S’mores Waffles!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
I’m really excited about today’s post. It’s not from me, but rather, from a foodie friend of mine who I know you’re going to love.
Sari Eller is my assistant. She helps me in the kitchen when I’m working hard, overtime, trying to test recipes and get them ready for photoshoots. She’s fierce in the kitchen, and keeps me on my toes. Oh, and did I mention the most important part? Sari is 15. She was 14 when she worked many hours on my cookbook. One day, she’s going to be a huge name in the kosher world, and you’ll have to remember that you “met” her here first!
Recently, when Sari came over, instead of helping make one of my recipes, I helped her make hers. We worked together to make these S’mores Waffles, then style and shoot the recipe, and here it is. In her own words…here’s Sari.
Click here to signup.
- 2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk or soy milk
- ¼ cup oil
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon boiling water
- Chocolate Syrup
- Crumbled Graham Crackers
- Toasted Marshmallows
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla, eggs, milk and oil and mix until combined and smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into hot waffle maker and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Top waffle with marshmallow glaze, chocolate sauce (if using), crushed graham crackers (if using), and Toasted Marshmallows (if using).
Tools Needed for this Recipe:
Waffle Maker (This is the one I have and I love it.)
Mixing Bowls (This set is fantastic!)
Liked this recipe? You’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for visiting! Enjoy these waffles – and come back soon for more delicious kosher recipes! -Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.