Brownie Brittle Ice Cream Pie is the easy yet indulgent dessert you’re about to fall in love with!
This post is sponsored by Chocol’art NY and all opinions are 100% true and my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog and allow me to continue providing free recipes for you!
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and more!
Click here to signup.
Every now and then, I get an idea for a recipe and I just KNOW it’ll be an enormous hit. This is one of those recipes.
When my friends at Chocol’art, makers of super-high quality chocolate products, asked me to create a recipe using their brownie mix, my mind went straight to brownie pie. It’s super easy, and one of my favorite desserts to make when time is short. But it’s for success, which means I really needed to step it up on the impressiveness scale. Oh, but there’s such an overwhelming amount of cooking to do this time of year, I knew that being impressive could not come at the expense of being VERY EASY!
Well guys. I have done it. This dessert is: super easy, freezer friendly, makes two (you’ll be glad of that once you taste it), crowd pleasing oh and easily made gluten-free for good measure!
See, I told you. This recipe is gonna be EVERYWHERE! Let’s go through these insane layers, shall we? First up, we bake some of the fabulously rich, super-high quality Chocol’art brownie mix into a pie crust. Next, we bake some brownie brittle, break it up into little chunks, and mix it with a tub of ice cream. But wait! There’s more. We pour that overt the brownie pie and top it all off with the most incredibly delicious and rich chocolate glaze. You know you can’t resist this pie!
Oh, and remember how I said this dessert is easily made gluten free? Yeah, that’s right. Because this brownie mix is actually naturally gluten free. It’s fudgy perfection without the flour. So swap out the graham cracker crust for a gluten free crust and presto – it’s a gluten free dessert like you’ve never had before!
Before we start, I want to explain why I am so excited about this brownie mix. If you look at a traditional brownie mix, you’ll see all sorts of junky ingredients that you don’t know and can’t pronounce. Not with Chocol’art Brownie Mix! The ingredients are items you’re familiar with and know how to pronounce, like organic cane sugar, almond flour, and cocoa. And you absolutely taste the quality in every rich and delicious bite of chocolate. It’s the ease of a brownie mix with the taste and qualify of homemade!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group
- 2 bags Chocol'art Brownie Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts or gluten free pie crusts
- 1 56-ounce tub non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup Chocol'art Drinking chocolate
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk such as almond milk
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs and oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour ¼ of the brownie mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Spread into as thin of a layer as you can to form brownie brittle. Set aside.
- Divide remaining brownie batter between two graham cracker crusts.
- Bake brownie brittle (on baking sheet) for about 10 minutes, until set. Place into freezer to freeze until frozen and crunchy.
- Bake brownie pies for 28-30 minutes, until the centers feel set. Set aside to cool.
- Once brownie brittle has frozen (preferably for 30-60 minutes, if time allows) break into small chunks.
- Leave ice cream out of freezer to defrost slightly, so it's easier to handle. Place in a large bowl and add brownie chunks. Stir to distribute the brownie evenly throughout the ice cream. Divide ice cream over cooled pies.
- Combine drinking chocolate and almond milk in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve and break up any lumps.
- Add powdered sugar. Stir to combine. Drizzle over ice cream pie.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
Are you following @overtimecook on Instagram yet?
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love these easy dessert pies:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for reading, and for visiting! Enjoy the pie and come back soon for more deliciousness! – Miriam
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.