Cherry Cheese Muffins are easy to make and a deliciously decedent dairy treat!
Do you receive the Overtime Cook email newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips, menus and more! Click here to sign up. P.S – it’s completely free!
Is this a muffin? Is it a cheesecake? Honestly, it’s both! It’s the best of both worlds, with a cheesecake infused muffin batter, a graham cracker crust at the bottom, and a cherry topping!
Want to switch it up? Instead of cherry, use your choice of fruit pie filling, or you can top it with caramel sauce or fudge sauce, then some toppings like nut brittle, chocolate candies, or candied nuts. Whatever you top these with, they’ll be delicious!
Did you know that I share cooking demos, menu plans, giveaways, and lots more exclusive content on Instagram?
Follow me on Instagram for all that bonus content that you don’t want to miss!
Cherry Cheese Muffins
- 8 oz (brick style) room temperature cream cheese or tofutti cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk or parve milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups flour
For assembly and garnish:
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- Cherry pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
2. Prepare cheese filling: combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix to combine. (This may take a bit of work bu hand - if you prefer you can use a blender to combine if you prefer.) Set aside.
3. Prepare batter: in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, milk and sugar until combined.
4. Add remaining ingredients and stir just until a batter is formed.
5. To assemble: place a spoonful of Graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each muffin cup, covering it in a thin layer. Top with muffin batter until the cup is about half filled. Add a spoonful of cheese filling on the top.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the tops are set. Set aside to cool fully.
7. Just before serving, top each muffin with a dollop of cherry pie filling.
Plan ahead: these muffins can be frozen and defrosted until ready to serve. Add cherry pie filling just before serving.
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Click here to purchase More Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Facebook| Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
Thanks for stopping by! I know you’ll love these muffins! – Miriam
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Leave a Reply