Honey Tahini Chews: What if Peanut Chews and Halva had a delicious dessert baby?
Do you receive the Overtime Cook email newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips, menus and more! Click here to sign up. P.S – it’s completely free!
I’m sure you’ve heard of peanut chews – with their classic combination of peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and Rice Krispies, usually topped with a thick chocolate coating. Well, today I am introducing you to it’s modern and sophisticated cousin: Honey Tahini Chews.
Imagine if peanut chews and halva had a baby and that’s what I’ve made. You can make these the traditional way, in a pan and cut into squares, but I have taken them up a notch by making little balls, drizzled them with chocolate, and added a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt on the top. Sweet, tasty, no-bake dessert perfection.
Did you know that I share cooking demos, menu plans, giveaways, and lots more exclusive content on Instagram?
- 1 cup Lieber’s tahini paste
- 1 cup Lieber’s honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling
- Maldon salt, optional, for drizzling
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, combine tahini paste, honey and sugar. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and vanilla extract.
- Place rice krispies in a large bowl. Pour tahini mixture over the rice krispies until everything is evenly combined .
- Form mixture into approximately one inch balls (slightly dampen your palms to do this, as the mixture is quite sticky) and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the balls, then immediately top with maldon salt or other flakey sea salt. Set aside until chocolate is hardened.
Plan ahead: Honey Tahini Chews can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the freezer.
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Click here to purchase More Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon for more! – Miriam
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.