Orange Cranberry Muffins are the perfect way to start of your day!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group. Click here to join the conversation.
I’ve written about it before on this blog, but I think it’s time we discussed, once again, how muffins are essentially cheaters. I mean, don’t get me wrong. I like to eat them. I like to bake them. But if we’re all being honest with ourselves, muffins are really just another excuse to eat cake. Granted, muffins mean there’s built in portion control, so I guess that’s healthier. But overall, in the famous words of Jim Gaffigan, “muffins are just bald cupcakes.”
Jokes aside, I tried to lighten these muffins up as much as possible. I wouldn’t go so far as to call these “healthy” muffins, but compared with the traditional ones, this version is a whole lot lower in calories, fat and sugar. Orange and cranberries are amazing together – so good, in fact, that you’ll forget they’re better for you!
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- ¾ cup oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- zest of one orange, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, honey, eggs, orange zest, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda until combined and smooth.
- Add flour and whisk until combined.
- Switch from whisk to a sturdy spoon and add the whole wheat flour and orange juice. Stir until combined and a smooth batter has formed. Stir in the cranberries.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each one about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the tops appear firm.
- These muffins freeze well in an airtight container or bag.
Tools needed for this recipe:
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks guys for visiting! Enjoy the muffins! -Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.