Indulge yourself without too many calories or spending too much money with this Skinny Iced Vanilla Latte!
Why, you might be wondering, am I posting a summery-looking, iced drink – NOW – just as the heaters are coming on, the sweatshirts are coming out of the closet, and the days are getting shorter and colder.
Well, let me assure you, I have a very good reason. Well, maybe it’s not very good, but I do have a reason. I love cold drinks. Summer, spring, winter, fall. It doesn’t matter what the temperature is, I love my iced tea, my ice cold soda, and even my coffee is better over ice. Besides, I know that after a ton of holidays and way too much fattening food, many of you are probably looking for some lighter options. And that’s why I had to share this. Skinny Iced Vanilla Latte. Basically, you can skip the coffee shop line, and enjoy a drink that feels indulgent, but is actually not too fattening.
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee, preferably french vanilla flavored
- 1 Tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix (use sugar-free for skinny version)
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup ice cubes
- ½ cup milk (use skim for skinny version)
- Option whipped cream, for serving
- In a small cup, combine the instant coffee, vanilla pudding mix and boiling water. Stir until smooth - it should be gelled and not too clumpy. (Don’t worry if there are a couple of lumps though - you’ll be blending it!)
- Combine the coffee mixture, vanilla extract, ice cubes and milk in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy immediately.
- Top with whipped cream, if using.
Now that you’ve got some coffee, I’d like to tell you something very important! I created a new email list to help you keep up with new recipes posted. In addition to new recipes, I’ll be sharing exclusive content with these emails, including cooking tips, menu suggestions, and more! Click here to sign up, or use the form in my sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by, and come back soon for a quick and easy side dish recipe! – Miriam