Chocolate Crepes with strawberry filling, topped with ice cream, make a perfect special-occasion dessert!
Wow. It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe here, huh? Good thing it was a good one, amIright?
Well today’s recipe is an awesome one too. It’s one that I developed because I totally listen to your recipe requests. One request I had gotten all the time is “please post cookie recipes that are made with oil!” (As opposed to margarine or butter.) So I did.
Another request I get all the time: to post recipes for a beautiful dessert, perfect for special occasions. Well, it don’t get more beautiful, more perfect for special occasions than these delightful Chocolate Crepes. Especially when they are served hot, filled with Strawberry whipped cream, and topped with some ice cream. Excuse me for a minute while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.
Not convinced? Just look. Doesn’t this scream “special occasion!” to you?
I thought so.
- -For the crepes
- 3 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 1 cup soy milk
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ⅓ cup sugar
- -Strawberry Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or cool whip/nondairy whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth strawberry preserves
- -To Assemble:
- Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla or best, Neopolitan, ice cream
- Chocolate sauce, optional
- Strawberry sauce, optional
- White chocolate sauce, optional
- Prepare the crepes. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until completely smooth.
- Spray a small nonstick frying pan or crepe pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over a medium heat.
- When pan is hot, pour ¼ cup of batter on the pan and spread it over the surface of the pan. It should be very thin. Fry for about 1 minute, until set, then flip it over and fry for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on the other side. Remove from heat and set aside. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Prepare the strawberry whipped cream. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream/non-dairy whipped topping until stiff. Beat in vanilla and gently fold in the strawberry preserves.
- Place a small amount of strawberry whipped cream in the center of a hot crepe. Fold up the crepe over the cream, and top with chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream and your choice of sauce(s).
- Serve immediately.