Graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow…it’s the flavors of summer baked into a S’mores Bundt Cake!
Even if you haven’t been paying really close attention, you might have noticed how I am kinda into s’mores. My first s’mores inspired treat were my S’mores Brownie Bites, way back in my first month of blogging. I kept at it many times since then, with cookies, cheesecake, truffles and pie.
I’m not alone in my love of s’mores, right? I mean, various combinations of graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows are popping up in all kinds of desserts, all over the place. Is it the nostalgia of enjoying a childhood treat that makes the flavor combination so popular? Or maybe it’s the promise of summer, the memories of campfires and fun that we all associate these flavors with. Maybe it’s even simpler. Perhaps the flavors just taste good together…isn’t that enough of a reason?
Well recently, I dreamed up what may be my most amazing s’mores invention yet: S’mores Bundt Cake. “What if,” I thought to myself, “I combine all of the components of s’mores into a bundt cake?” Yep, that simple little cake that everyone loves for its combination of simplicity and elegance. You all have enjoyed my many bundt cakes in the past, so why not merge everyone’s favorite cake with everyone’s favorite dessert flavors?
The result, if I do say so myself, was quite amazing. Not only was it super easy to prepare, but I served it on Shabbat when I was a guest at someone’s house, and it got rave reviews.
Can you really blame them?
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- ⅔ cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup milk or soy milk
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons boiling water
- Crushed graham crackers
- chocolate shavings
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, oil and brown sugar. Stir until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a Bundt pan well with floured baking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on a medium speed, beat together the eggs and oil until combined. Add the sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla. Beat until combined and smooth.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the cocoa powder, followed by the milk, then the flour. Beat until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared Bundt pan, then sprinkle about ⅔ of the graham cracker streusel over the batter, distributing it evenly. Top with the remaining batter and then sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before glazing.
- Combine the marshmallow fluff, vanilla and boiling water and combine until spreadable consistency. Add up to another teaspoon of boiling water, as needed.
- Spread over the cooled cake. Top with crushed graham crackers and chocolate shavings.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Tools needed for this recipe:
Bundt Pan (this is the pan I use and recommend)
Thanks for stopping by folks, and enjoy this S’mores Bundt Cake! If you aren’t following me yet on Facebook, please go like my page!