Healthy Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins are sweet, tart, seasonal and good for you! A perfect start to your day!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
Wow. Pesach is over and we all survived, right? Let me start by asking you this. What did you guys miss most over Pesach? Me? Ironically enough, not chometz. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I missed popcorn. And cans of diet coke. I know, diet coke is available Kosher for Pesach but… it just isn’t the same. (And my family’s minhag is not to drink it on pesach. So, yeah. I missed it.)
Oh, and we should probably talk about which recipes everyone enjoyed. Did you make any of mine? I know I got a ton of feedback on my ultra-crispy Home Fries, my Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Capons, and my Doughless Knishes, among others. My family enjoyed my doughless knishes, flourless chocolate cookies, and some new recipes that I’ll have to share…maybe next year.
But anyway, let’s get back to the important fact that Pesach is over. The good news is that we have about 11 months before we have to even think about The Big P Word again. The bad news is that lots of us probably overindulged a bit over pesach, and need to think about eating healthier, right?
Well not to worry my friends. I know the feeling. I’m right there with you, and I’ve got lots and lots of healthy recipes right here on this blog. And because I want you to start your day right, I’m sharing a new recipe that’s great for a healthi(er) breakfast on the go. These Healthy Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins are not too sweet, so they’re ideal for breakfast. They are low in fat, whole wheat, and refined sugar free. Don’t love strawberry rhubarb? You can use other fruits instead, don’t worry! (But I really think you should try them the way I intended. The sweet-tart flavor is incredible.)
Looking for more healthy recipes? You need to check out these roundups:
And now for my fabulous Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins…
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? Full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- finely grated zest of one lemon
- 1 cup milk or soy milk
- 2½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup sugar or sweetener
- ½ t ginger
- 2 cups strawberry rhubarb mix, finely chopped (frozen works well)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together applesauce, honey, oil, eggs, vanilla. lemon zest and milk until smooth.
- Switch from a whisk to a sturdy spoon. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and ground ginger. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated and form a smooth batter.
- Gently stir in strawberry rhubarb until evenly distributed.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans, filling each cup about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are set.
Tools Needed for This Recipe:
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for visiting folks! Good luck eating healthy…I know you can do it! -Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.