Avocado Turkey Burgers are bursting with flavor, super-juicy and a lot better for you than traditional burgers!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
I know. Burgers don’t generally conjure up an image of healthy eating. Not only do we have the meat patty, but most people I know like to eat their burgers topped with all kinds of fattening things. Fried egg. Fried pastrami or beef bacon. Fried onions. Are you sensing a pattern here? Nothing too healthy.
Well eating right doesn’t have to mean no burgers. I came up with these incredibly juicy and flavorful turkey burgers that reduce the fat and calories. Sounds good, right? They are. They really are! The avocado gives these burgers an incredibly moist texture, plus they have a fantastic flavor thanks to the guacamole type ingredients in it.
See, you can eat well and feel good about what you serve. Win-Win!
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? Full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 small onion, minced
- ¼ cup lite mayo
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ pounds dark ground turkey
- ¼ cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- optional buns and vegetables, for serving
- Spicy Mayo, recipe follows, optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together avocado, onion, mayo, lemon juice, salt, garlic, parsley and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Add turkey and flour and mix until combined.
- Form mixture into a patty, then fry or grill on a lightly greased frying pan or grill pan for about five minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve hot, on a bun, with your choice of toppings.
- Prepare the mixture and freeze until ready to serve. Grill fresh.
This burger is great on its own, but take it up a notch with this (slightly sweet) spicy mayo!
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce (use more or less depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until combined and smooth.
Tools Needed for This Recipe:
Mixing Bowls (I have these bowls and they’re great!)
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for visiting folks! Hope you enjoy these burgers – and come back soon for more delicious food -plus shavuos planning help! -Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.