Roasted Vegetable, Chickpea and Quinoa Salad is an easy to make meal that’s delicious and good for you!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group. Click here to join the conversation.
So. I’m pretty sure all of you are well aware that chanukah is right around the corner. And I’m fairly sure that if you spend any amount of time on the internet, you’ve been seeing a plethora of fried treats, latkes, donuts, and the like. I just shared this adorable looking chanukah cookie with you last week, and believe me when I tell you that I have some crazy amazing chanukah recipes coming up right here on this blog.
But. Before all the fried stuff and calorie dense foods take over, I thought it would be wise to share a simple, easy, and really delicious salad with you guys. This is a great lunch recipe, perfect supper companion to some grilled chicken or fish, or even for a shabbos meal. I’m sure if you’ve been following this blog for awhile, you know how I like to roast ALL.THE.VEGETABLES. And this salad is really no exception. Add in protein packed quinoa and some chickpeas, and you’ve got a well-rounded, delicious meal that’s healthy. Oh, and it lasts for a day or two in the fridge. Awesome, right?
Go make yourself a batch of Roasted Vegetable, Chickpea and Quinoa Salad. Then celebrate with a donut or something.
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in chunks
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in chunks
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup raw quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini, eggplant, oil, salt and pepper on pan and toss to combine.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes, until the vegetables start to brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine quinoa, chickpeas, roasted vegetables and dressing in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- This salad can be stored in the fridge for a day or two before serving.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by, and happy cooking! -Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.