Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group. Click here to join the conversation.
If you guys follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve been insanely and overwhelming busy lately, but I didn’t forget about you guys! I knew I absolutely HAD to share an amazing new donut recipe with you guys, and of course, I knew I had to make one using the latest (kosher) craze: lotus cookie butter!
That’s right. Here’s your new favorite donut flavor: Baked Lotus Donuts. With Lotus Glaze, of course. And topped with lotus cookie crumbs because if we’re doing this, we should do it all the way, right?
So. Let’s recap: short post. yummy food. thank me later.
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- ½ cup melted creamy cookie butter (lotus or biscoff spread)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup milk or soy milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons melted creamy cookie butter
- 2 Tablespoons soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- lotus cookie crumbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a standard sized donut pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cookie butter, sugar, milk, oil, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Pipe mixture using a piping bag or ziplock bag with a hole cut out of the corner into prepared donut pan, filling each cavity ¾ full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the tops are set. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cool donuts completely before glazing.
- Combine powdered sugar, cookie butter, soy milk, and oil in a bowl and stir until smooth. Dip each donut in glaze, then immediately top with cookie crumbs.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by! I know you’re going to love this recipe! Come back soon for more delicious food! -Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.