These quick and easy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are a sweet and salty lover’s dream come true!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
I just have to tell you guys that this time of year is quite a challenge for a kosher food blogger.
On the one hand, nobody wants to think about the big “P” word just yet. Let’s not talk about P***** until we absolutely have to. Amiright? And let me just tell you guys that I am the last person in the world who would want to stress you out.
But…on the other hand, we (collectively) kind of have to face reality. No matter how hard we try to avoid thinking about it, P***** is coming up, and y’all are going to need some recipes to feed your families.
So, which to choose? Do I, as a blogger, share yummy, flour-laden treats with you? Do I share pesach food? See my dilemma? Well, I had to make a decision, and so here we are. I’m sharing a chometz recipe, but it’s an easy, no-bake one. Want pesach recipes? Don’t worry! You can start browsing here, or you can come back next week for new pesach recipes.
What can I say, I’m a people pleaser.
Anyway. Let’s talk about these bars. No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars. If you love sweet-and-salty treats, you’re going to love this one. Not only does it combine my two favorite flavors, but it doesn’t need to be baked and it’s easy to make.
Let’s just say that my brother, who was lucky enough to be around both times that I tested this recipe, still raves about it to this day. Try it, you’ll understand too.
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? Full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- 1 ½ cups marshmallow fluff
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter
- 1 stick (½ cup) margarine or butter
- 5 ½ cups peanut butter-chocolate puff cereal (such as Reese’s Puffs)
- 16 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 stick (½ cup) cold margarine or butter, cut in cubes
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and margarine. Stir occasionally until melted, and completely combined. (When ready, the mixture will have a uniform color - no streaks of white should remain.)
- Meanwhile, place cereal in a large bowl. When marshmallow fluff mixture is ready, pour it over cereal in bowl and toss quickly to coat all cereal in the mixture. Pour into a 9x13 baking pan and smooth it out. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the topping: Melt chocolate (preferably over a double boiler) and immediately stir the cold margarine cubes into the chocolate. Stir quickly, letting the heat of the chocolate melt the margarine.
- Continue to stir until mixture is smooth and all margarine is melted. Pour over cereal mixture in pan. Place in fridge to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- These don’t freeze well, but will last, covered tightly, for a couple of days at room temperature.
Tools Needed for This Recipe:
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Facebook| Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
Thanks for stopping by! Good luck with your P***** preps! – Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.
Will this recipe work with Kix?
It will, but it’ll be missing flavor…