Flourless Carrot Walnut Cloud Cookies are soft, chewy, spicy and perfect for Passover – or year round!
I have to admit, I’m posting all these passover recipes, but in my head…I’m in denial. I don’t like cooking for passover. I don’t like baking for passover. Pesach desserts are seriously not my thing. I always felt like there are only so many ways you can combine the few basic ingredients to form a new passover dessert.
Then I came up with these cookies. Carrot cookies are totally different than the usual pesach treats. The texture is light and airy, the flavor is delightful…These are the cookies that made me rethink my hatred of passover cookies!
If you’re planning your menu for pesach, make sure to check out my giveaway for A Taste of Pesach. I’ve also got a pinterest board with a ton of recipe ideas for Passover!
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (skip if you don’t use it)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup passover lady finger crumbs (use an extra ½ cup ground walnuts if you don't use or can't find these)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the confectioner’s sugar, ground walnuts, potato starch, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the shredded carrots and stir well until they are completely incorporated. The mixture will be somewhat wet, but very thick.
- Add the egg white and stir until fully combined.
- Lastly, stir the lady finger crumbs into the mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture by about a teaspoon and a half onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from the tray.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you make sure to enter my giveaway! Please come back soon – I’ve got a great recipe – and announcement – coming up soon! -Miriam