Spiced apple cider bundt cake is a quick-and-easy recipe that packs in all the flavors of my favorite drink!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
And then I started thinking about my all-time favorite comfort food recipe. It’s in my cookbook, not on my blog, but if you own it – you need to make it ASAP: Spiced (‘n Spiked) Hot Apple Cider. It’s the kind of drink that warms you from the inside, and makes you feel taken care of. I’m not kidding. Chapter 7. Make that.
Anyway, thinking about my apple cider recipe also makes me think about this spiced apple cider bundt cake, which is pretty much a way to eat that favorite comfort drink. Not convinced yet? How about this? It’s a quick-and-easy, one bowl bundt cake that is bursting with flavor and different from your typical cake.
On board? Good. You should be. Let’s start baking cake.
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? Full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- ½ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- candied pecans, optional, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a standard bundt pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together oil, eggs, brown sugar and sugar until smooth.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla. Beat until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low, and add a third of the flour, followed by half of the cider, then another third of flour, followed by the remaining cider then the remaining flour. Beat until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for about 45-50 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool completely before glazing.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- This cake freezes nicely. For best results, freeze without the glaze and add it just before serving.
Tools Needed For This Recipe:
If you liked this, you’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by and reading! Stay warm! -Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.