Grilled Corn, Peach, and Spinach Salad is a fantastic celebration of summer flavors – with sweet, savory and even smokey!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
Every now and then, a recipe kinda changes me. Take my Grilled Corn and Pastrami Salad for example. Until I made that salad, I liked corn salad in any form. Fresh corn, canned corn, frozen corn – it was all good! But then I grilled corn for a salad, and I can’t ever go back! Whenever I think about making a corn salad of any kind, I automatically decide to grill it. The grilling process lends this smokey flavor to the corn, and adds a depth of flavor that you just won’t want to miss.
Which brings me right to today’s post. I’ve had some corn salad recipe ideas floating around my head all week, but I kept rejecting them. I didn’t want to do anything too “typical” (think tomatoes, corn and avocado…). I also knew I had to top the salad we just discussed, because it’s one of those “mega-hits” that the world goes crazy over. And then this salad started to take shape in my head, and I kinda RAN to the grocery store to get all the pieces. (Ok, in the interest of honesty…I drove. But you know what I mean.) Grilled Corn. Diced Peaches. Spinach leaves. And of course, a sweet and tangy Honey Lime Dressing to tie it all together.
Let me tell you folks, I’ve kinda become obsessed. This recipe hits all the notes – sweet, smokey, sharp, spicy, savory….all of it! I’m already dreaming of the next time I’ll make this salad – try it and you’ll understand!
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove minced garlic OR 1 frozen garlic cube
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ t ginger
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 oz spinach
- 4 ears corn
- 2 peaches, diced
- 2-3 shallots, finely diced
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray each side of the corn with non-stick spray. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each ear of corn.
- Broil or grill the corn for about 5-8 minutes per side, until it starts to brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Slice kernels off the corn and place in a salad bowl. Add spinach, peaches and shallots.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad. (You may not need all of it, start with half and see how much more you need.)
- Serve immediately.
- Dressing can be made a couple of days ahead of time and stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Corn can be grilled a day or two ahead of time.
Tools Needed for This Recipe:
Mixing bowls (I have this set and LOVE them!)
Corn Stripper (optional, but a cool gadget that takes the mess out of removing the corn!)
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by folks! If you’re grilling this weekend, you’ll definitely want to try this salad – so enjoy!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.