These Flourless Chocolate Banana Muffins are so good, you won’t believe they’re kosher for passover and gluten free!
Today’s post is going to be short, but I think these muffins really speak for themselves, don’t you?
My philosophy about pesach recipes, especially desserts, is to focus on the ingredients you do have, rather than be stumped by recipes that you don’t have. In this recipe, I’ve used two baking ingredients that are totally kosher for passover, banana and chocolate, to make a delicious flourless, gluten-free muffins that you’re going to love! Enjoy these for a passover breakfast, or top them with a dollop of chocolate mousse for a beautiful pesach dessert.
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approximately 2 large bananas)
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (skip if you don’t use it on pesach)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ⅓ cups potato starch
- 1 ½ cups ground walnuts
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In the bowl on an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the oil, bananas, sugar, eggs and baking powder. Beat until smooth.
- Add the potato starch, ground walnuts and cocoa powder. Beat on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into prepared liners, filling the cups about ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes, until tops are set.
- These muffins freeze well in an airtight container or bag.
Note: To make this during the year, you can use cornstarch instead of potato starch.
Tools Needed for this Recipe:
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks folks for visiting! I’ve got a bunch more really yummy pesach recipes coming up, so make sure to come back before you finalize your menus! – Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.