These savory BBQ Meatball Hamantaschen will be a big hit at your purim party!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
Wow, it seems like it was just yesterday that we were talking about donuts and latke recipes and suddenly it’s rosh chodesh Adar and purim is just two weeks away! Are you thinking about hamantaschen yet? You should be! First, let’s start with my Ultimate Hamantaschen Recipe Roundup! There’s something in it for everyone and every taste.
But now, let’s move on to my newest hamantaschen recipe – this time, it’s a savory one. I demoe’d these BBQ Meatball Hamantaschen at a recent cooking demo that I did, and everyone went crazy over this super-easy, absolutely delicious savory hamantaschen recipe. So I knew I had to be a nice blogger and share it with all of you guys. and here we are! These will definitely be on the menu at my purim seudah, and you should put them on your menu too.
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and more!
Click here to signup.
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 package (24 pieces) mini pizza dough rounds (2-3 inches)
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, paprika, ground ginger, chili powder and mustard until combined.
- Place meat into a medium bowl and add ⅔ of the sauce. Mix to distribute the sauce through the meat. Form the mixture into 24 small meatballs. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Brush a bit of the reserved sauce in the center of a pizza dough round, then place a meatball on top of it. Fold the circle into the three cornered hamantashen shape, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough, sauce and meatballs. Brush sauce over the tops of each hamantash. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and the dough is cooked through.
- These hamantaschen freeze well in an airtight container or bag.
More Savory Hamantaschen Recipes:
Some Amazing Sweet Hamantaschen Recipes:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by! What kind of purim recipes are you looking for? -Miriam
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.