Do you receive the Overtime Cook email newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips, menus and more! Click here to sign up. P.S – it’s completely free!
I’ve always been a big fan of the classic peanut chew recipe. I decided to change it up using honey instead of corn syrup. The benefit is better flavor, more healthy ingredients, and perfect for Rosh Hashanah! This is the perfect no bake treat for a last minute dessert.
Did you know that I share cooking demos, menu plans, giveaways, and lots more exclusive content on Instagram?
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 (9 oz) bag chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Melt together sugar, honey and peanut butter in a small pot over medium heat. Once smooth, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt.
2. Place Rice Krispies in a medium bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture into bowl and stir to combine. Place into a 9x13 pan and set aside.
3. Prepare topping: place all topping ingredients into the pot that had the peanut butter mixture (there’s no need to wash it first!). Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
4. Pour topping over honey nut chews. Place in fridge until firm. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Plan ahead: honey nut chews freeze nicely!
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Click here to purchase More Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you try these! – Miriam
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.