Rosemary Lavender Chicken is an easy chicken dish that’s nice enough for special occasions!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
Guys. I’m super excited about today’s post. No jokes.
Remember when I was a bright-eyed new blogger who got to meet Susie Fishbein at the release of her previous cookbook, Kosher by Design Cooking Coach? Well, many things have changed, but one thing that hasn’t changed at all is my admiration of Susie and her ability to create unique and delicious, not to mention her status as the world’s leading author of Kosher cookbooks.
I’m sure you can imagine, therefore, how excited I am to be participating in a “Virtual Blog Party” celebrating Susie’s newest cookbook, and the finale to her groundbreaking Kosher By Design Series: Kosher by Design Brings it Home.
I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak of this wonderful new book. In it, Fishbein shares recipes, anecdotes and even photos of her travels around the world. In this book, you’ll learn about cuisine from Italy, France, Israel, and so many more places. These recipes are the perfect balance of innovative and doable, and I’m sure you’ll want to pick a copy up ASAP. Lucky for you, the cookbook is slated for release on Thursday, so you can pick your copy up in a store then. Or you can simply head over to Amazon and pre-order your copy here.
Don’t want to wait till then to try one of the recipe? Neither did I! I tried this Rosemary Lavender Chicken recipe, and I’m going to share it with you – so you can enjoy it too. This chicken recipe is a perfect example of why I admire Susie Fishbein and why I adore her recipes. It’s simple to make, bursting with flavor, and totally unique. What more could I ask for in a recipe?
But wait! There’s more! Want to win over $1000 in prizes?! Of course you do!
In honor of Susie’s newest cookbook, ArtScroll is giving away over $1000 in prizes! That’s right! Scroll down past the recipe to make sure you enter the Rafflecopter giveaway PRONTO because I want you to win!
- 1 chicken, cut into eighths
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup honey (preferably wildflower or clover honey)
- 4 teaspoons Herbs De Provence (preferably a brand that has lots of lavender)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- fresh rosemary, optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 roasting pan or oven to table dish, and massage the oil into it to cover all pieces with oil. Sprinkle salt over the chicken.
- Roast for 35 minutes, uncovered.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey, herbs de provence, rosemary, cayenne and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- After 35 minutes, remove chicken from the oven and pour the honey mixture over the chicken, covering all pieces with it.
- Bake for ten minutes, then use a spoon to baste the chicken with the liquid.
- Repeat process until the chicken is nicely browned and cooked through. The total cooking time should be about an hour.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh rosemary, if desired.
Tools Needed for This Recipe:
If you liked this recipe, you’ll also love:
Make sure to visit my fellow Kosher bloggers for more previews of this great new cookbook!
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Follow @SusieFishbein on Instagram!
Thanks for visiting folks! Do yourselves a favor and buy.this.cookbook! Good luck on the giveaway!
Disclosure: I am getting a complimentary copy of Kosher by Design Brings it Home in exchange for participating in this party. However, all opionions are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.