Spicy Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables is a healthy and hearty comfort food dinner!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group!
Ah, fall. That glorious time of year when it’s cool, but not too cold. When the days are starting to get shorter, but not too short. When the leaves are turning all kinds of glorious colors, when hot tea and lattes take the place of iced coffee and slushies.
Personally, fall is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it – the weather, the food, everything! And the fact that it’s post sukkos, a time to try and eat healthier doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy hearty, fall comfort food that’s better for me!
Take this chicken for example. It’s packed with flavor – not fat, and it’s comfort food at its best. Easy to make, this family-friendly chicken will become a new staple in your house!
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- 2 red onions, cut in half moon slices
- 2 colored peppers (I used one orange and one yellow), sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pieces chicken (on the bone) - I used thighs
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place onion, pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices and oil on prepared sheet pan. Toss to coat everything evenly.
- Bury the chicken in the vegetable mixture, so that it gets coated in the sauce as well.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes to Discover:
Don’t forget a good sheet pan to make this recipe really great! Here’s a link to my favorite sheet pan.
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something Sweet
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by! You’re going to love this chicken! – Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.