Savory Cheese Waffles are a delicious take on a sweet breakfast treat!
Do you receive the Overtime Cook email newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips, menus and more! Click here to sign up. P.S – it’s completely free!
If you’ve been following me for a while, you likely already know that I’m a big fan of waffles. No jokes, I consider them the ultimate breakfast food.
But what if waffles aren’t just for breakfast? And what if we take a savory, cheesy spin on this treat?
Trust me friends, this is just.plain.incredible.
Did you know that I share cooking demos, menu plans, giveaways, and lots more exclusive content on Instagram?
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, oregano, garlic powder and baking powder in s mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine.
2. Add eggs, oil and milk. Whisk until combined and smooth.
3. Add shredded cheese. Switch from a whisk to a spoon and mix the cheese into the batter. The mixture will be thick.
4. Preheat waffle maker and add about 2 tablespoons of batter into it. Cook according to your waffle maker’s directions, until golden brown.
5. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping or drizzling.
Tip: If you want to prepare a batch of these ahead of time for a party, you can do it a day or two before and store in the fridge. To reheat, place the waffles on a cookie sheet and bake uncovered at 350 for just a few minutes, until warmed through.
Plan Ahead: You can make theese ahead of time and freeze. Rewarm as described above.
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Click here to purchase More Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.