A childhood favorite cookie turned into a delicious cake: Oatmeal Raisin Bundt Cake!
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group. Click here to join the conversation.
Y’know that old joke about how oatmeal raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues… Well, jokes aside, I actually really enjoy a good oatmeal raisin cookie. And when I love a recipe, I naturally want to play with it. It’s just what I do. #shrug
So I thought about oatmeal raisin cookies, and suddenly found myself wondering what would happen if you made an oatmeal raisin bundt cake. When I finally got to my kitchen to test my discovery, I was so excited with the results. The cake had all of the delicious flavors of that classic cookie, with a unique and incredible texture too.
So, if you’re looking for a new bundt cake to add to your shabbos rotation, look no further. You’re gonna love this one.
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and deals and more!
Click here to signup.
- ½ cup oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1½ cup rolled oats (old fashioned oatmeal)
- 1 cup raisins or Craisins
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
- 2-3 teaspoons soy milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a bundt pan well with floured baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together oil, eggs, sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined and creamy.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Beat until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low speed. Add flour, followed by soy milk, then oatmeal. Stir in Craisins.
- Pour batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Liked this recipe? You’ll also love:
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbook!
It also makes a great gift! Click here to purchase Something
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Enjoy your cake! -Miriam
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that a small percentage of every purchase made through that link goes to help support this blog.