Crunchy Green Bean and Deli Salad is the kind of perfect menu staple – simple enough for a lunch at your desk, nice enough for a special occasion meal.
Do you receive the Overtime Cook email newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips, menus and more! Click here to sign up. P.S – it’s completely free!
Like many of the best recipes, this one happened because something went wrong. I bought some fresh green beans to roast for dinner, but then my oven broke and I needed to come up with plan B. I blanched the green beans, added some stuff that I found around my kitchen, and the resulting product was so good, I knew I’d be making it again and again!
Did you know that I share cooking demos, menu plans, giveaways, and lots more exclusive content on Instagram?
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cubes frozen ginger
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 16 oz chunk cooked Turkey breast, cubed
1. Prepare the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a small container. Mix until combined. Set aside.
2. Cut trimmed green beans into thirds. Place into a pot of salted boiling water. Blanch for a minute, then drain.
3. Immediately place green beans into a bowl of ice water to shock them and stop the cooking. Once green beans are fully cool, remove from water and set aside.
4. Place diced onion in a bowl. Add boiling water to cover. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then drain the water well. (This helps cut the harshness of the onion, and will work with any salad that has raw onion.) Set aside.
5. Cut turkey into small cubes. You can also buy the prepared deli cubes to use instead.
6. Assemble the salad: place everything in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Plan ahead: all components can be prepared a day or two ahead of time and assembled just before serving.
While I prefer the salad freshly assembled, the leftover salad is great for a day or two after.
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Click here to purchase More Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.