Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Fingers are a perfect combination of sweet and salty, with an irresistible crispy coating!
This post is sponsored by Leiber’s. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that help make this blog possible.
Have a question about one of my recipes?
The best place to get answers is the Overtime Cook Recipes Facebook Group
When I first published my recipe for Baked Pretzel Crusted Chicken Fingers, I never dreamed that it would become a beloved staple in thousands of homes around the globe. I mean, the concept of crusting chicken in pretzels isn’t exactly revolutionary, but the method – baking it for a short time at a high temperature, results in perfectly moist, seriously delicious chicken fingers. So when Leiber’s asked me to create a recipe using their new Garlic Mayo, I immediately knew I was going to make an amazing crispy chicken finger recipe, using the garlic mayo to keep the chicken moist and add a ton of flavor.
And the results…..dare I say these are even better than my pretzel crusted chicken fingers? The honey and garlic together makes the most magical combination of sweet and savory that’s hard to resist. And the best part? These are kid-friendly (my kid tester asked for doubles!). These are freezer friendly (mine are in the freezer for yom tov as we speak!). And of course, they’re baked, not fried.
Do you receive the Overtime Cook newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips and more!
Click here to signup.
- 2.5 lb chicken cutlets, cut into finger shape
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon honey, plus more, for drizzling
- ½ cup Liebers Garlic Mayo
- 2 cups cracker or flatbread crumbs (see note)
- Garlic mayo, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Grease parchment well with oil or non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken pieces with flour. Toss until all chicken is fully coated in flour.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, honey and garlic mayo. Pour over floured chicken, then stir until fully coated.
- Press each chicken finger into crumbs to fully coat on all sides, then place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining chicken and crumbs. Do not pack the fingers too close together on the baking sheet.
- Before baking, spray the tips well with non-stick cooking spray, then drizzle a thin stream of honey across the chicken. (Use more or less depending on how sweet you like it!)
- Bake for 6 minutes, then flip and bake another 6-7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve hot, with garlic mayo for dipping.
- You can use your favorite crackers to make crumbs, or even save time by using Panko Crumbs. My recommendation is to use garlic flavor flatbread crackers for an amazing garlic flavor throughout!
- These chicken fingers freeze nicely. Defrost, then serve at room temperature or reheat, in a single layer, uncovered.
Are you following @overtimecook on Instagram yet?
Some other ways you can enjoy Lieber’s Garlic Mayo:
Drizzle on top of your favorite meat pizza.
Mix with vinegar or lemon juice and use it as a salad dressing.
Serve as a dip for french fries, roasted vegetables, or chicken nuggets.
Serve alongside your favorite wrap recipe.
Marinate your grilled chicken in it.
Spread on toast before making grilled cheese.
How will you use Lieber’s Garlic Mayo?
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by! I’ve got an amazing dessert coming up really soon, so come back ASAP! – Miriam
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post is sponsored by Lieber’s Food.