Do you receive the Overtime Cook email newsletter? It’s full of recipes, kitchen tips, menus and more! Click here to sign up. P.S – it’s completely free!
This incredibly flavorful brisket recipe takes about five minutes to throw together, and the flavor is absolutely delicious.
Note: in this recipe I used a brisket that was gifted to me from Kosh.Com. Use coupon code overtimecook for 10% off your first order. This was definitely the softest and most tender brisket we’ve ever eaten!
Don’t have a brisket? See notes on the recipe for other cuts of meat you can use.
Did you know that I share cooking demos, menu plans, giveaways, and lots more exclusive content on Instagram?
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 frozen garlic cubes
- 4 frozen ginger cubes
- 2 Tablespoons rice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 brisket, preferably 2nd cut, approx. 3 lb
- salt and pepper, for sprinkling
- oil, for searing
- 1 onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Prepare the sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the meat: Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Sprinle salt and pepper generously over each side of the meat.
- Sear on high for 1-2 minutes per side, until browned.
- Place meat in large roasting pan. Place sliced onions over it.
- Pour sauce over meat and onions.
- Cover and cook for about 3 hours, until fork tender. (if using a larger or smaller brisket, follow the rule of approximately one hour per pound.)
Plan ahead: This brisket recipe freezes nicely, well wrapped.
Variation: Instead of a brisket, you can use other cuts of meat that work well with a low and slow cooking method, such as minute roast, minute steaks, french roast, etc.
Like This Recipe? You will absolutely LOVE my cookbooks!
They also make a great gift!
Click here to purchase Something Sweet.
Click here to purchase Real Life Kosher Cooking
Click here to purchase More Real Life Kosher Cooking
Never miss a new recipe! Follow me for all the updates on:
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy this brisket then come back soon for more delicious recipes! – Miriam
Disclosure: OvertimeCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.